You want to work for the benefit of society and the environment? HeiGIT wants to improve the availability and quality of geospatial data and further develop geoinformation technologies used for open, non-profit applications in the field of sustainability, mobility and humanitarian aid. Help us to reach these goals with your know-how and experience in digital marketing, international outreach and science communication!
HeiGIT gGmbH is a research-oriented, non-profit start-up with the goals of technology transfer and applied research in the field of geoinformatics, especially in areas such as humanitarian aid and other non-profit goals for the benefit of society and the environment. Application examples include humanitarian aid and disaster management, sustainable mobility or applications and data products to support sustainability and climate action. To strengthen our outreach and our partner network and make sure organisations and people in need know about our capabilities and solutions and can make best use of it, we are looking for a Public Relations Manager as soon as possible.
Job Opportunity: International Public Relations Manager
Core tasks: Science Communication & International Outreach
Scientists, environmental and humanitarian aid organizations and activists, public authorities as well as tech influencers and citizen scientists or for example the OpenStreetMap community belong to the target groups of our communication. Therefore, partner communication strategy and management are significant to our success. Education on our products and the transportation of our spirit are key of our communication. This shall strengthen and expand our network and the usage of HeiGIT’s open, non-profit solutions and services for the benefit of society or the environment.
These diverse main tasks await you:
- You develop PR strategies and communication concepts, i.e. you develop creative and tailor-made campaigns or storytelling approaches for our services, products and research results.
- You create statements, briefings and technical articles, you generate content and roll it out in a multi-channel-approach, including social media. You know what trends on channels like Twitter, LinkedIn or YouTube and use your expertise to interact with the community to raise our profile.
- You address partners, user communities and multiplicators and expand the international network of partners, users and contributors.
- You contribute to the planning, management and strategic development of media relations.
- You advise and support science management in external communications.
- You maintain and expand journalist and media contacts as well as blogger and influencer relations.
- You are responsible for content creation for our corporate website and other customer facing materials.
- You identify outreach optimization potentials and ensure the corresponding knowledge management.
- You monitor, analyse and optimize success of across channels with regard to KPIs.
- You analyse the success of campaigns for further development.
- You have successfully completed a university degree e.g. in fields like digital marketing, communications or journalism.
- You have several years of professional experience in PR and media relations or marketing respectively, ideally in an international environment.
- You have are enthusiastic about geo-topics and have a high affinity for digital technologies.
- You are interested in several of the fields GIScience, GI for humanitarian aid, sustainability or climate action. A background or relation to geography & environmental topics, GIScience or computer science, or humanitarian aid is favorable but not mandatory.
- You are a great team player with have passion for the business and love what you do. You work independently and have a conscientious approach to work as well as high flexibility.
- Creative imagery, digital storytelling and precise briefing are part of your daily business. You enjoy strategic, creative and operational PR work, you have a good sense of PR messaging and enjoy reputation management.
- You are reliable and known for your conscientious way of working, you show a hands-on mentality and furthermore you are an absolute professional when it comes to organization and how to set priorities. You set high quality standards and keep cool even when the temperature rises.
- You have experience with influencer tools, databases and the analysis of KPIs.
- You can provide an initial network of media contacts and agencies
- You have a feeling for the latest trends and are a digital native through and through.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English and German.
- an attractive, permanent position (100%, part time possible if preferred)
- in an welcoming, interdisciplinary team
- interfacing research and social real-world impact
- in a highly dynamic and growing field,
- supporting action towards a better society and environment.
- an attractive pension scheme and social benefits.
- a stimulating interdisciplinary work environment with many opportunities for personal development
- and all this in the heart of one of the most livable cities in Germany.
As an affiliated, yet independent, institute of Heidelberg University, HeiGIT gGmbH works closely with the GIScience Research Group of Heidelberg University, which is a member of the Interdisciplinary Center for Scientific Computing (IWR) and the Heidelberg Center for the Environment (HCE). HeiGIT receives core funding from the Klaus Tschira Foundation (KTS), Heidelberg.
The position is to be filled permanently as soon as possible.
Please send your meaningful application with CV, certificates, references, etc. as soon as possible - ideally by 28.02.2022 - digitally to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also want to check our other current job announcements at HeiGIT & GIScience: in addition to the Senior Science Manager, we also offer positions like Team Lead ML4Good, Agile Coach, Public Relations and Communication. And last but not least we also offer a project related position for highly innovative research projects related to climate change at the GIScience research group at Heidelberg University, as already announced: GeCO: Generating high-resolution CO2 maps by Machine Learning-based geodata fusion.