There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 180-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. With 74.000 employees worldwide, we achieve a total net sales and revenues of more than 37 billion USD.
The European Technology Innovation Center (ETIC) of John Deere is part of a global R&D network in Kaiserslautern. Its focus is on the research on and development of future trends and technologies in the area of mobile agricultural and construction machines in close collaboration with diverse research institutes.
The John Deere European Technology Innovation Centre in Kaiserslautern, Germany is currently offering a position for:
Product Engineer PhD (m/w/d)
Development of a geospatial database for
agronomic decision support
We are offering you the opportunity to work, within an interdisciplinary team, on the examination and evaluation of modern precision farming systems in their practical application. Your main task will be the setup of a geospatial database. Suitable for a variety of geospatial datatypes like remote sensed images, weather and farm management data. We are expecting a high degree of creativity and initiative as well as a strong interest and solid knowledge in programming and dealing with big data. Through the cooperation with other departments, as well as the integration into ongoing projects, we will ensure that you gain valuable knowledge and project experience throughout this position. We are further offering you the opportunity to get to know the latest John Deere products and gain extensive insight into the activities of a globally operating company.
- Set up a geospatial database based on an existing template
- Data Wrangling and Geospatial Analysis
- Above average graduate of computer science, geomatics, remote sensing, geoinformatics, geodesy or equivalent with an affinity for IT as well as excellent analytical skills
- Geospatial analysis in a programming language like Python / R
- Big data programming capabilities with Spark in Scala or Python
- Experience with machine learning
- Extensive SQL experience
- Good command of English both written and spoken – German is a benefit
- Openness and interest in agricultural technology
You can look forward to:
- an attractive compensation package and bonus program
- a competitive company pension as well as a wide range of further benefits
- flexible worktime solutions to facilitate an easier combination of family and career
- multiple development and learning opportunities within a global player
- flat hierarchies and an appreciative and respectful social interaction
Temporary contract for three years and an employment percentage of 75% (26,25h/week)
We look forward to your online-application via our application portal on www.deere.de!